Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Walking is fun

Ok today my Relief Society sent an email telling us that today was National Running Day with times for groups to go running/walking. I went on the walking with strollers one and this was the first time I had exercised in a while. When the person leading the walk suggested one of her favorite trails we all agreed and started on the trail. It went up the hill quite steeply. I eventually gave up trying to keep up about half way up. My legs felt like jello by the time I got home but I really enjoyed it. I am officially announcing that I will try to go out walking a couple times a week so that I may actually do it.

2 comments:

Stephanie Oram said...

Sounds like fun! It will become more and more fun too as you keep doing it! Dang, I'm sad it was national running day today, but I didn't even go running. Oh well. Keep us posted on how the walks are going. :D

Amy Nelson said...

That's great! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I found great walking program online. I accomplish my goals better having something to follow. It has you walking every day, but I'd be happy to work it into an all around program for you if you'd like! Just let me know.

http://www.thewalkingsite.com/12week.html

I'm glad you got out there! You've got some great trails and walking paths in your area that are fun to explore. Leave Zoe with Drew sometime and go by yourself. You'll feel a lot stronger not having to push a baby, or make Drew come and have him push Zoe. Listen to music to make the time go by super quickly, or I have come to really enjoy time to think all by myself with no one bugging me! Keep us posted on how things are going!